VIDEO> The Spirit of Formula D Long Beach

Formula Drift 2010 Round 1 from Justin Shreeve Films on Vimeo.

I really gotta give it up to our boy Justin Shreeve. A few weeks before Formula D Long Beach, Justin called me and told me that he wanted to come down and shoot the official MotorMavens video coverage of Formula D Long Beach. I told him that we had other video shooters that were planning on attending the event, but I’d love to see what he could put together. By the looks of the Evergreen Drift video Justin shot recently, I knew whatever video footage he shot at Long Beach would probably be good!

Justin worked really hard to create this video. I saw him running all over the place at Long Beach, hustling to get artistic shots and plenty of new looks in his footage. At one point, he even brushed up on a sharp piece of scaffolding, cutting his upper arm open and tearing the sleeve of his favorite shirt. Justin also told me that while he was down in Long Beach shooting, he received a phone call from his boss at a skate company back in Oregon, informing him that he would be getting laid off. Damn! That’s horrible news to receive on a road trip for sure, but that only pushed Justin to work harder and give this video all he had.

This goes out to the hungry people out there…  to those willing to take chances and put everything on the line so they can chase after their dreams… to those that stay motivated to make something better of themselves… THIS VIDEO IS FOR YOU.

This is what the Motor Mavens Movement is all about… illustrated by the lens of Justin Shreeve.

RESPECT!

:: Antonio Alvendia

More Spirit of Formula Drift videos on MotorMavens
More Formula D Long Beach 2010 stories on MOTORMAVENS

40 Responses to “VIDEO> The Spirit of Formula D Long Beach”

1. Adrian says:

sick!

i loved some of those video transitions…

2. pclem says:

holy hell justin dude that was the best video you’ve done yet, way to rep the northwest. keep up the good work and who knows maybe these guys will start kickin you a nice paycheck

3. CASTRO says:

movie score idea huh?…….

lol, GREAT transitions!!! Please tell me they were planned during production and not just post !!!!

happy to see great vision and dedication beat all the “gadgets” you see the guys using these days! Keep shooting!

4. ImprezaKing says:

EPIC! Everything worked together so well in that video!

5. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by eDDiHughes. eDDiHughes said: VIDEO> The Spirit of FD Long Beach http://bit.ly/bK98Qs [...]

6. Stanley says:

That was great! I really liked some of the video transitions. Keep up the good work!

7. James Evins says:

Stay Hungry! Epic! Epic video!

8. Antonio Alvendia says:

HELL YEAH JUSTIN!!!!!!!!! This is DEFINITELY the best video I’ve seen you make… EVER. So proud of what you’ve accomplished! You keep raising the bar for yourself and for other videographers out there!!!

We’re so glad to have you as part of the crew!

9. Andy Sapp says:

This video.

AMAZING!!!

Fantastic job, Justin!!!

10. GarageZero says:

Awesome, awesome work, Justin!

11. Al Lagura says:

I don’t do comments thing for dudes, shits sounds MAD GAY but this fucking video is fucking dope.

12. Royal_T says:

This has to be the best video of Rd1 Long Beach.. Way to go..

13. VIDEO> The Spirit of FD Long Beach – MotorMavens Type says:
  14. Antonio Alvendia says:

LOL!!!! Hey seriously, THANKS AL. Glad you approve man. Hey and thanks for taking that photo of our crew at the end of the day!

15. om1kron says:

vimeo must be doing maintenance, video is all choppy for me =(

16. Justin Shreeve says:

Thanks so much everyone! I was worried when I was making the video that it wouldn’t live up to expectations, so I’m glad to see everyone approves.

@CASTRO – Yeah, I planned those out the day of. Made it so much easier in post. There are still plenty of areas I can improve on though.

Thanks again for the kind words everybody!

17. [...] Drift Round 1 Long Beach Check it. Formula Drift 2010 Round 1 on Vimeo VIDEO> The Spirit of Formula D Long Beach – MotorMavens __________________ [...]

18. Lucas Perez says:

Props from Al? damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep on rockin Shreeve!

19. James Evins says:

This has become one of those videos that I watch over and over again … LOL! Just watched it again. Damn, dude, serious talent! I’m inspired!

20. Brandon Scarpelli says:

hands down the best video coverage I have seen for Round 1! Keep killin it Justin!

21. [...] Antonio Alvendia, from our friends over at MotorMavens, has a nice write up about the whole story, which you should go read now, and you can do that here. [...]

22. Justin Shreeve says:

@James Evins – Thanks man! I know what you mean and that’s awesome.

@Brandon Scarpelli – Thanks Brandon! I’ll try! Haha

23. Mike Kim says:

simply amazing…good stuff justin! mad respect!

24. D1RGE.EXE says:

Great vid, yes, best so far. You got 2 runs of Miki Ryuji, smoke streaming from the FRONT of rear wheel wells….D O P E

25. Justin Shreeve says:

Yeah, I looooove the look of that. That car is definitely a favorite of mine and Miki’s rad too.

26. Edward Uche says:

Motorsports captured through the eye of a fellow skateboarder, I love it. Keep attacking Justin, your creativity and dedication is worthy of imitation. Great work MotorMaven.

27. j.mcwhorter says:

incredible video, everything about it is amazing, i cant stop watching it

28. chris jeanneret says:

damn this kid came out the wood work and killed it great job justin , there wasnt a dull moment

29. Jaime says:

W O W !
    Seriously amazing :O

30. Daredevil says:

C R A Z Y! And I’M BLIND! This goes on my list of epic MotorMavens videos with that one last year from Travis Hodges. I think it was called the Spirit of Irwindale or something like that. Super epic video! I watched it like a zillion times. This one’s right there in the number two spot for all-time best MotorMavens videos and there’ve been a few great ones. Great job Shreeve – you’re on my must watch list.

31. Antonio Alvendia says:

Daredevil, glad you liked the video! We all think Justin did a great job! And it’s great that you brought up Travis’s SPIRIT OF IRWINDALE video… because I thought that one was awesome too! The link to it is right here: http://www.motormavens.com/tag/spirit-of-formula-drift/

32. Seriouly FK’N RAD! You got action by the balls. When the cars pass by it’s cool but when you follow them as they go by, that’s the monie maker! Fekkin RAD again, it feels like a WAR zone in the begining with all the smoke. Got me scared for a moment I thought the terminator or Optimus was gonna drift, ha ha! Your transitions are FK’N INSANE! Pretty damn ingenious Justin S. man. Love your work!

33. Justin Shreeve says:

@Horacio -

That’s awesome. That’s exactly how I wanted it to make people feel.

Thanks!

34. [...] Justin Shreeve, who has been making a name for himself and producing outstanding videos, like The Spirit of Formula D Long Beach that was recently released on our [...]

35. Anthony says:

my God….the transitions were just beautiful. The feeling that the music gives it is awesome………

I forgot just how huge the Challenger was until that first shot of it.

36. [...] After the indycars finished, a short demonstration of the drift cars took to the track and OH-my-goodness! Watching drifting on TV is amazing and the little bits I’d seen live were also. But I’d never seen this many cars drift on a track at once! Having three cars drift around a ninety-degree turn with what seems like mere inches seperating them is simply amazing! (For a small experience of the feeling check out this great video featuring drifting by Justin Shreev…) [...]

37. skurai says:

i really had to come here and comment what a nice badass video this guy maked, justin, those are some sick shots, dont know how u managed to get such good material but mad PROPS

38. Pedro says:

GREAT VIDEO! Definetely love it, from the music to the transtitions… everything is badass! Keep it up!

39. [...] After the indycars finished, a short demonstration of the drift cars took to the track and OH-my-goodness! Watching drifting on TV is amazing and the little bits I’d seen live were also. But I’d never seen this many cars drift on a track at once! Having three cars drift around a ninety-degree turn with what seems like mere inches seperating them is simply amazing! (For a small experience of the feeling check out this great video featuring drifting by Justin Shreev…) [...]