CARSPOTTING> N. Konstantinov’s Kouki Monster

RPS13 Nikolay Konstantinov 180SX 240SX Garage Autohero Seattle Volk Rays TE37 Pacific Grand Prix PGP Yoshi Shindo kouki SR20DET

When I was still playing around with my skateboards and dirt bikes, guys like  Nikolay Konstantinov and Chris Crisostomo were setting up Nissan 240SXs for drifting – in fact they were the very first guys that I had ever met who built cars for drifting. I had no idea that something called “drifting” even existed. I remember, when I was about 14 or 15, wandering by my neighbor’s house (which happened to be Chris’) and seeing both of their cars for the first time. They had mostly stock bodies but were low to the ground with aggressive wheels. I was instantly hooked.

In fact, the first correctly-stanced car I ever saw; the first SR swapped 240SX I ever saw; the first time I rode in a car that was drifting; and the first minor crash I experienced while drifting… all of these experiences came from hanging out with Nikolay. I guess you can say he popped my cherry in the drifting scene. LOL! So, when Nikolay asked if I wanted to do a quick photoshoot with his car while on break from drifting at Pacific Grand Prix, you know I had no choice but to take him up on his offer!

Throughout all of the years that I’ve known Nikolay, he’s always had his current RPS13 (his Formula D car) and, in all of that time, I don’t think I’ve ever seen it not look good. His track car has been though many phases – my favorite was when it was all-white with custom headlights and SSR Koenigs. Not too long ago, he picked up this car – his current daily. Of course – another RPS13.

Nikolay’s daily is pretty much stock except for coilovers, a full Kouki kit and TE37s. Even the exhaust is still factory. I think he actually drives this car more aggressively than he drives his track car. The power difference is probably the reason for that although, power or no power, any car that Nikolay owns always looks good.

It’s the combination of Kouki aero and great stance that makes this car look so good. Don’t you agree? In fact, that’s pretty high praise coming from me because I’m honestly not the biggest S13 fan!

The one wheel that I never see going out of style is the Volk Racing TE37. I think these wheels look good on pretty much anything. I’m also diggin’ the roof wing. Tight!

Some people might be getting sick of the Kouki style since it’s very popular right now, but even they cannot deny the fact that Nissan did a great job with the design of the 180SX. They also cannot deny the fact that this particular car is hot as hell!

::Yoshi Shindo

25 Responses to “CARSPOTTING> N. Konstantinov’s Kouki Monster”

1. Wes Ong says:

I’m not the biggest S13 fan either, but even I will hands down admit that this Nikolay has one SEXY car on his hands.

2. [...] pictures here: CARSPOTTING> Nikolay Konstantinov’s Kouki Monster – MotorMavens | Car Culture x Motor… Car is so clean. __________________ [...]

3. Yoshi shindo says:

Thanks! Nikolay now has full 180sx interior and is SR powered now!

4. Chris Hecht says:

Nice photos and write up Yoshi! That is one SUPER clean S13. Wow! Agree with the TE37′s man, timeless wheel.

5. Nikolay says:

Yoshi you rock my world baby. ;) thank you for the shout out. The pics look amaizing bro.

6. aso says:

wow, hot car dude, and awesome pics!
    PNW REPRESENT!!

7. BMAPARTS says:

Nice! This car looks great! Very simple and clean just the way all cars should be. Nice work.

8. beto(chiprez) says:

NIKOLAY,the man with the baddest FD car and better DD than most have for a full on project….

9. Killer ride man. The Kouki Kit on an S13 is so Rad. There isn’t a lot of them which is probably good cause when you see one it really stands out. Great photos Yoshi.

10. Matt-Panic! says:

Awesome write up and snaps Yoshi! Can you PLEASE make photo #5 desktop size? You even put in a nice shot of some Comrades tandem, I’m honored ;) Can’t wait to see what you come up with next.

11. Chris Hecht says:

Dude, I just now got the Cookie (Kouki) Monster reference. Nom nom nom nom!

12. @MattPanic: We’ll have a desktop section soon enough! We’ll ask Yoshi to make some Nikolay desktops! (Of his car… unless you want desktops of a russian guy on the beach or something)

13. Lambert Paat says:

“I guess you can say he popped my cherry in the drifting scene.” LOL, Yoshi Yoshi…

14. VJ says:

Zilvia starter package.

15. Justin Le says:

This car has made me appreciate RPS13s so much. Was more a coupe guy, but these and the recent flux of very clean RPS13s have definitely changed my mind.

16. KriK4eTo says:

Ники страхотна кола си спретнал, всички ще се радваме ако членуваш и обменяме опит в Българското дрифт общество на http://www.drifting-bg.com ;)
    Поздрави, Веско

17. ihadared240sxse says:

Looks just like from the Option2 vol.34
    “break” guy with Taniguchi and Kawabata

It’s too 240SeXyyy, leave it that way.

18. Salesh says:

what year is this super clean rps13?

19. RBperu says:

Hey what size of wheels are you using? becase im running 17×8 front and 17×9.5 rear with coilovers and in the rear it rubs nasty i cant move the car.. so im getting fender flares… help me

20. Jesse Parker says:

My car looks just like this minus the roof spoiler and wheels. Id like to know what the size and offsets of these are if anyone knows. I may want to copy it some more

21. [...] selling my red S13 that has had an SR20 swap and has the Type-X body trim.  It was featured on MotorMavens.  For a complete list of what I’ve done to the car and pics, follow the [...]

22. [...] selling my red S13 that has had an SR20 swap and has the Type-X body trim.  It was featured on MotorMavens.  For a complete list of what I’ve done to the car and pics, follow the [...]

23. Niko Niko says: