VIDEO> Some Old Ford… 1964 Galaxie 500 XL

I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a Ford fanboy, but my bias shouldn’t affect how cool this video is. The quirks this guy remembers about the process of buying his Ford Galaxie are what make the car culture so great. I definitely respect his decision to keep the car in its current cosmetic state because it shows the car’s character without being a jalopy. As long as that 427 is growling, I frankly don’t care what the cosmetics look like. He admits that a WRX would smoke the old Detroit boat, but we all know that speed isn’t always everything. Enjoy!

:: Jim Comeau

11 Responses to “VIDEO> Some Old Ford… 1964 Galaxie 500 XL”

1. GREAT video – it’s really different from the types of things we normally post! Great find, Jim! Welcome to the site!

Let’s see what kind of other cool vintage car stuff you can dig up!

2. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Chris Rhoad, Motor Mavens Crew, Motor Mavens Crew, NissanPacific, Antonio Alvendia and others. Antonio Alvendia said: RT @MOTORMAVENS: What a awesome story of a man and his car… Check out this video! NICE FIND from Jim Comeau!… http://fb.me/FUE3t8rf [...]

3. Hechtspeed says:

Sweet vid! I love this old stuff. I chuckled at the comment about a “turbo Subaru” smoking it.

4. JMac says:

I’m not sure what it was, but by the end of the video I felt attached to the car, like it was an old friend. Nice video, Jim!

5. Brendan says:

awesome video, something different put probably one of the most emotive car videos i’ve ever seen. Makes me want to go and buy an old boat of a car

6. Federico says:

That was awesome. That’s how it should be!

7. A car with soul – nice one!

8. P1erre says:

Growling 427 ? Check.
    Four-on-the-floor ? Check.
    Beyond cool attitude ? Check.
    DO WANT !!!!!

9. D1RGE.EXE says:

Such a moving film. Really feel the bond of this guy and his car. Thank you this made my day

10. Paul Ross says:

Jim,

I know that you have a lot of inquiries regarding your 1964 ford but if you are interested in selling it would you please contact me. By the way, awesome video.

Kindest regards

Paul Ross

11. [...] Some of you may have seen this before but it was new to me. A man after my own heart!! VIDEO> Some Old Ford… 1964 Galaxie 500 XL – MotorMavens | Car Culture and Photography __________________ 1964 Galaxie 500XL convertible, 390 .040 over, Fedmogul rv pro-3000 cam [...]