42 Responses to “CENTER STAGE> 1970 Datsun Nickel & Dime Sedan”

1. S2Kevin says:

Nice build! I like the fact he kept it clean. The blankets & autograph add a nice touch as well. Sick photos/write-up! Keep up the good work!

2. Omar says:

How many HP does that car have?
    it looks so awesome and good engine

3. HELLA510 says:

Very nice! Not too often you see a 510 this clean. Believe me ive put hands
    on this car.Really nice shots and very detailed write up. More old skools
    please.

4. e36vinny says:

killer car! this is definitely top 5 favorite cars for me. so clean yet so aggressive, super dope car. nice work

5. Nick from New Zealand says:

The only thing that made me go What The F@#k was the two different front seats instead of a matching pair. (pet hate) Other than that this is sick and id be stoked to own this!!

6. SweetRyanitas says:

This car is not only unbelievably clean in the pictures, but sounds like a true champion in person. Pictures (no matter how good they are) do this car justice.

7. Tim says:

Such an awesome car! The personal touches straddle hot roding and classic Japanese tuning so well.

8. Chris says:

That’s tight. Good article

9. Saw this on Ratsun. Absolutely gorgeous example of real Japanese pride! Getting the John Morton signature makes it 10x better.

10. Eagle adam says:

What a detail oriented build! I love it!

11. JP, you know how much I love this car, Congrats on the photoshoot!!!

12. omglol says:

Form AND function?? Well, so much for Hella Flush. AMAZING build by the way!!!

13. DaveT says:

Sweet god this is amazing.

14. Daredevil says:

Love the write up and the pics! @omglol – I think Form and Function is a concept that should be equally dismissive of both the Hella Flush and the Hella Functional bandwagoners. And nothing is less cool than a dude mouthing off like he’s better or smarter than someone else because he has different taste in cars. I never liked it from the Corvette and Muscle car guys looking down on Import guys and I don’t like it between the Hella Flush & Hella Functional idiots. One group thinks a car isn’t cool unless it can barely drive on a regular city street and the other thinks a car isn’t cool if it has anything on it that doesn’t add a measurable increase in torque or HP. As usual in these situations, the truth lies somewhere in the middle – far away from both camps. It is possible to optimize looks and performance without a major sacrifice of either if you’re a balanced car builder – and sometimes it’s ok to be slightly left or right of center depending on what you’re going after. Believe it or not, not everyone wants a 700HP street legal race car – some guys just want to have reasonably good offset, decent wheels and a clean ride to chill in. Nothing wrong with that – unless you’re a car snob…which IMO is quite “gei”…as in “gei-sha”.

15. That is a really beautiful car – attention to detail on it is pretty amazing. I love the interior and the engine bay is sick.

Photos, as always from Oliver, are just bang on!

16. June says:

So SeXY…

17. Ross says:

Beautiful Work of Art!

18. Big Mike says:

Wow its come a long way. Sweet ride pimpin.

19. Danny says:

The sickest and cleanest 510 I’ve ever seen. Keep up the good work.

20. ver says:

WOW .. i know i see this car alot, but I’m speechless everytime i see it!! Great photoshoot !!! Now i want those Bride seats – it will look good on my Pnut!!!!

21. jose mauricio says:

as I always say JP’s car is clean I love it,Im also a 510 owner,good job JP.

22. Eric says:

That’s a nicely put together dime! Love these kind of features on MM… And that Histrix seat???? Damnn. I’ve lusted for one of those since the first time I saw one.

23. chris says:

Ur pussy rate just went up 500%

24. Wil says:

Nice work

25. Andres says:

The ride is looking SIIIIIIIIICKKKKK brotha. I would definitely like to do some more pinstriping on that thing. Hit me up homie! Peace!

26. Justin says:

The car is beautiful in person!… And now I can see how photogenic it is too!… What the pics don’t show is how much fun this car is to drive like sweetryanitas says it does sound sweet and it handles like a go kart!

27. WIQDTOY says:

this guy has a lot of passion about cars and it shows in his ride! plus lots of little details one could normally miss if the owner doesn’t point them out. and this guy does just that and very proud of the fact too!

28. JP! Congrats on the write up, it’s much deserved. You know I love this car, she’s beautiful in person and the pictures are amazing! Thumbs up to the photographer : ) Congrats again JP, good job buddy! So proud!

29. Gus-Gus says:

JP! I LOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEEE the style you added to this piece of beauty!! And again you encouraged me on getting my first 4 door 510!

30. Len says:

JP,
    Great job on having the cleanest 510 in Nor-Cal!

31. [...] have the head over to MotorMavens and read the hole future of the car.. DAMN i love [...]

32. Formuladread says:

Nice car. Awesome to see a homies car getting love on the web! As for the haters? Where’s your car……

33. NuggetG60YorkshireUK says:

nothing wrong with this fine example, even the usual haters can’t fault it. love those rims, they look like CCW’s. – need to post a Video Roll of this beauty. Thanks for the run-down.

34. dat510 says:

Does any one know where i can find those fender mirrors?

35. Nick Rippon says:

Can anyone help me out. What are the full name of the CCW Classics wheels on this car.
    I’m currently restoring my own 510 and I love the look of this. Any help? I can’t find them anywhere?

36. @Nick Rippon: Actually I’m pretty sure those wheels are just called CCW Classic. (I could be wrong?) They’re available pretty readily in custom sizes from CCW, which is based in Florida I believe. I don’t know them personally, or else I’d give you a contact name and phone number.

37. Hamburger says:

Wheel offset? Spacers or fender work? Tire size? Love it

38. Jose D says:

I recently saw this 1970 510 Datsun for sale. I tried to get a hold of the seller but had no luck. How can I get a hold of him, interested in purchasing the car

39. jose arenales says:

can anyone help me out. what kind and where can i get this Aluminum Radiator for my datsun 510 1972 ka24de swap

40. jose arenales says:

can anyone help me and tell me where can i get this radiator

41. Peter says:

Does anyone know the exact paint colour? Is it just flat colour like acrylic or is it clear over the top? Cheers, Pete