We met with Dart Machinery after SEMA and learned a bit about their Honda B18 and B20 Race Series blocks. Dart offers these blocks in two versions that replace the factory Honda B18 and B20 castings. Both are built to withstand the extreme cylinder pressures created by boosted applications or nitrous injection.
Dart B18 aluminum engine block features include:
- Precision CNC machining ensures consistent high-quality (eliminates expensive “blueprinting”)
- Stock deck height and choice of standard 81.5mm bore or optional 84.5mm bore
- Aerospace-quality 355-T61 aluminum alloy for superior strength and durability
- Replaceable ductile iron dry sleeves are fully supported to reduce bore distortion and enhance ring seal
- Closed deck and strengthened main webs increases rigidity and improves head gasket sealing
- Extra-large water jackets enhance coolant circulation around cylinder barrels
- Machined for piston oil sprayers to reduce piston temperatures and prevent detonation
- Uses stock components, including oil pan, oil pump, water pump, alternator, and timing belt tensioner
Dart increased the block wall thickness in all critical areas, and beefed up the bottom end with steel main bearing caps as well. Best of all, Dart blocks are compatible with OEM production Honda cylinder heads, internal components and accessories, so installation will be easy for any engine builder.
For more info, check out Dart’s website or go to any Dart reseller, like Summit or Jegs!
:: Antonio Alvendia
MORE SEMA CONTENT ON MOTORMAVENS